The Building Inspection Department’s mission is to ensure commercial building and residential homes constructed, altered, or maintained within the City of Port Lavaca’s jurisdiction meet recognized standard for quality of life and building safety. In order to facilitate this responsibility we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspection services to support enforcement of the International Codes.
- Process permits and review plans for all remodeling and new construction.
- Conduct inspection for all permits issued upon client request.
- Enforce Codes to ensure public safety.
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work.
- Share information on construction procedures and codes requirements.
- Manage and maintain records for permits issued within the City.
- Process all request for plats, rezoning, and special use permits.