The City of Port Lavaca Finance Department is dedicated to excellence in local government, comprehensive fiscal management, compliance and reporting. The Quarterly Report is used to provide our internal and external customers financial reporting with easy to read narratives regarding the City’s financial position. This report is comprised of three sections:
1. The Financial Overview reports the performance of the major operating funds of the City primarily in a narrative context. The fund descriptions are as follows:
- The General Fund is the general operating fund of the City. It is used to account for all financial resources except those accounted for in other specific funds. This fund includes all general tax revenues and other receipts that are not restricted by law or contractual agreement to some other fund. General operating expenditures, fixed charges and capital improvement costs not paid through other funds are paid from this fund.
- The Public Utility Fund accounts for the operations of the Public Utility Administration, Water Distribution, Sewer, and Solid Waste departments.
- The Beach Operating Fund is used to account for the operations of the Port Lavaca Beach, RV Park, and Pier.
- The Port Revenue Fund is used to account for the operations of the Port Commission, and to account for the rent generated from its harbors and docks.
2. The Financial Summary provides comparative data for major revenue and expenditure sources and by fund and department comparing to budget and prior year actual.
3. The Investment Report provides a description of investment activity during the quarter.
|First Quarter 2015-2016||Second Quarter 2015-2016|
|First Quarter 2014-2015||First Quarter 2013-2014
||First Quarter 2012-2013|
|Second Quarter 2014-2015||Second Quarter 2013-2014
||Second Quarter 2012-2013|
|Third Quarter 2014-2015||Third Quarter 2013-2014
||Third Quarter 2012-2013|
Since this report does not include all funds related to the City of Port Lavaca’s Operations nor does it include a 4th Quarter Report- please refer to the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR).