What is the condition of the City Parks now, 3 months after Hurricane Harvey?
All of the City Parks are currently open to the public for your enjoyment with the following limitations:
- RV Park campground at Lighthouse Beach is still closed, waiting on completion of electrical repairs.
- The Lighthouse Beach Fishing Pier was severely damaged by Hurricane Harvey and will take some time to be rebuilt.
- The Formosa Wetlands walkway was damaged by Hurricane Harvey and will take some time to repair.
- The Bay Front Park Fishing Pier was severely damaged by Hurricane Harvey and will take some time to rebuild.
For your safety, please stay away from these damaged areas.
What is the City doing to move forward with the needed repairs and reconstruction of the piers and boardwalk?
- The City has applied for public assistance funding from FEMA to pay up to 90% of the cost to rebuild these damaged facilities.
- The City has contracted with the engineering firm CH2M Hill to inspect and assess the damage sustained and provide options and recommendations to rebuild. A Preliminary Report is projected to be presented to City Council in January.
Your patience as we rebuild is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact City Hall at 361-552-9793.